Monday, July 26, 2010

Hahaha... I Knew Yaletown Wasn't JUST a High Class, Shopping District :P

Photos Courtesy of: Hiiro Prince


The following information is regarding our session on Thursday, July 22, 2010.

I was very excited to be given a semi in-depth historical overview about Yaletown by the one and only historian, John Atkin. I've spent a lot of my time walking around the urban district enjoying it merely for shopping and I always wanted to know the real story behind this neighbourhood. John met all of us outside the Round House and before we could breathe he dove into his wealth of accumulated knowledge for the area.

I couldn't believe how ignorant I was about my city and how I took certain aspects of the infrastructure, architecture and community for granted. If my words were coming to mind as I write this, believe me, I would articulate them... however something isn't clicking.

I will say though a big THANK YOU to John and everything that he contributed to the group.

Yours Queerly,

Hiiro Prince


No comments:

Post a Comment